Have a Montana Tax Problem? Our Tax Attorneys Will Help You!

The IRS sends millions of tax notices out every year, and you might be one of the unlucky souls to receive one. Most of the notices are for minor issues and can be resolved with little hassle, but there are plenty of tax issues that are not resolved easily. If you receive an IRS notice, or one from the Montana Department of Revenue and you face a complex tax issue, hire a tax lawyer.

Why Did I Get a Tax Notice?

You may have received a notice because for something simple like forgetting to sign your income tax form or a simple math mistake. However, it’s likely you received a notice the for a more complex issue, such as:

Filing Inaccuracies

Business Expenses and Deductions

Discrepancies with Gross Income

Charitable Donations

Penalties Resulting from Filing Inaccuracies

Related to Filing Accuracy

Collection Efforts

Tax Evasion or Tax Fraud

If you get a tax notice, the worst thing for you to do is to disregard the notice. Taking no action will only make your situation worse and could end up costing you a lot more in the long run. If you don’t know what to do about your tax notice, set up a consultation with a tax attorney in Montana. USAttorneys.com can connect you with a local lawyer who can alleviate your problems. You are in dire need of legal assistance if face the following tax problems:

Audits- There is a reason the word audit strikes fear in most people. That is because of you are audited, an IRS agent will be going through your finances with a fine-tooth comb. The scrutiny could last months and could result in fines and penalties once the process finally concludes.

Tax Evasion or tax fraud- Tax fraud or evasion are serious matters that can result in significant jail time. If you are accused of tax evasion or fraud, you need to get legal help immediately and let an attorney take over your case.

What If I Owe the IRS or the Montana Department of Revenue?

Many people put off filing their taxes because they can’t pay when it’s due, the forms are too complicated, or they just forget to file. No matter why you

If you owe back taxes in Montana the state has some ways the state can recover the taxes you owe including:

  • Garnishing your wages
  • Seizing the funds in your bank accounts.
  • The Treasure Offset Program with the IRS also allows the state to seize your federal income tax refund.

When you owe taxes to the IRS, the have several ways to get the money you owe them, so you need to explore the options you have to pay off your back taxes, including:

  • Pay the balance on your bill
  • Arrange an installment agreement
  • Ask for an Offer in Compromise

Whatever IRS or state tax issues you are facing, you could benefit from expert legal advice. At USAttorneys.com, we have an accomplished team of tax lawyers in Montana who can assist with any tax issue you are facing.