Click Your County for a Tax Lawyer in Rhode Island
Has the IRS Recently Contacted You?
Are You Worried They May be Coming After You for Money?
If so, you are going to want to act fast as the IRS is only going to permit you a short period of time to take action before they do so themselves.
When a taxpayer receives a notification that they are being audited, whether it be for their business or a personal income tax return, chances are they may have filed information that served as a red flag to the IRS. If you consider the numerous amounts of people who file a tax return each and every year, if the IRS is targeting you, they may have good reason to.
Because you may owe the government more of your hard-earned money, but may not be in a position to pay it back right now, you are going to need a well-versed tax attorney who can convince the IRS that you deserve a break or some sort of timeframe for you to pay back what you may owe.
On the other hand, maybe you don’t owe the government any money but they are claiming you do. Again, you need an experienced tax attorney practicing in the state of Rhode Island who will represent you case and work with you to provide solid evidence that proves this.
Where Can I Find a Reputable Rhode Island Tax Attorney Nearby to Me?
USAttorneys is a free site that is geared toward helping individuals who are in search of worthy and reliable lawyers find them. The internet is filled with various options when it comes to hiring an attorney but you need to be sure the person you employ truly has your best interest in mind.
The tax lawyers featured on our site have a tremendous amount of experience in the field and are going to know exactly what needs to be done to help alleviate you from having to pay the IRS all at once. You can contact us today and we will gladly begin working to find you the best RI tax attorney available in your city.
What Are Some Ways I Can Reduce My Chances of Being Audited?
If you are dealing with the headache of working to prove to the IRS that all your filed documentation was legitimate, you probably don’t want to ever have to
deal with this type of issue again. Therefore, below are some red flags Liberty Tax Service has highlighted as things you are going to want to avoid taking part in that can help you avoid another audit.
- You report out-of-proportion income figures that don’t match up with the job description you hold.
- Don’t file for self-employment deductions that aren’t business expenses.
- File your tips and cash income properly.
- If you are using your home as an office and wish to file it as a deduction, be sure you are only indicating which part of the home is being used as the office.
- Avoid claiming business losses if you are self-employed or a sole proprietor after three years if they aren’t applicable to your situation.
- If you are making more than $200k, be sure you have all your forms to back up your income.
- You fail to report all taxable income
Remember, the IRS isn’t going to wait on you so you want to take action immediately and employ one of our recommended tax attorneys in RI who can assist with your issue.